Whilst scrolling through Tumblr, I found a post called “Bookish Questions”. There is something about questions posed that I cannot leave undone. I figured I would break this up in a few different posts, so no one post would be very long. I have a tendency to babble and go off on tangents, so this seemed the safest route to take…
Here we go:
- “What/Who got you into reading?” Excellent first question! We start at the beginning! I was often that child found alone on the play ground, not exactly fitting in with peers. I was the youngest in my family, so I had more in common with those older than me. Can you believe no one in my grade even knew what a Vulcan was?! So, once I discovered reading, I was immediately addicted. I can honestly say, I am a success story for Book-It.
- “Your first favorite book”…I so wish I could remember the name of it. The plot line followed a young girl who was haunted by a ghost girl. This ghost got up to all kinds on shenanigans, including stripping down to her undies in the front yard, making the human girl giggle when she was suppose to be in trouble, thus causing her to get an even harsher punishment. It was such a cute story with a good lesson about choosing people in our lives that are good for us, not just fun, but I have lost the title or author in my memory since I read it in second grade, roughly 24 years ago. So if you know what that book is called, I would LOVE to know. My second favorite was “Trouble with Trolls”. Looking back, I sense a theme in my likes when it comes to literature…
- “Your current favorite books” Yikes, that ‘s a tough one. My go-to is Harry Potter, hands down. But barring that, I am also quite addicted to the Throne of Glass series. Also, the Ghost Bird series…and Scarab Beetle….I’m currently reading “Jewel”….gah! See? It’s too hard! Have me solve algebra, instead! Standard of deviations, or something!!
- “Favorite book of all time?” Yeah, we just had this discussion. There isn’t just one. I can narrow the genre down to paranormal, though. That’s something, right?
- “Least favorite book of all time?” Damn, shit just got real. There have been a few books where I’ve had to pry my eyes open and force myself to finish. I end up cranky and unsatisfied. Then there are the books that I just cannot make myself finish. They are few and far between, because Momma didn’t raise no quitter. One that comes to mind is “Coexist”, this book about fairies and humans and I don’t know what else. I got maybe a quarter of the way in and just couldn’t find it plausible. Another was “Valentine’s Day Sucks”. The concept was so freaking cool. But the delivery was so freaking flat, if I’d had a paper copy, I probably would’ve thrown it. It just wasn’t satisfying enough to close the damn tab to minimize the tiny book.
Well, that’s all for today. The post was longer than I had wanted, but I’ve come to accept that’s just who I am. Til next time, nerds.